Reusable firelighters are ideal for lighting a woodburning stove, a barbeque or a open fire. They absorb a flamable liquid (Denatured Alchahol/ Methylated Spirits) and then will burn for approximately 4-5 minutes giving enough time for a fire of kindling or sticks to take hold.
The fire lighters can be recovered from the ash when the fire has gone out and then ‘recharged’ with some fresh Methylated Spirit ready for the next time they are required.
Reusable fire lighters are extremely durable and will be reusable after being left in a fire for long periods of time however, continually leaving the reusable fire lighters in a fire will reduce their life expectancy.
How to use the reusable firelighter by Pyroclassic Fires.
- Using a suitable water tight container (preferably with a screw top lid) place the reusable fire lighters in meths (Denatured Alcohol/Methylated Spirits). Use enough meths to cover the reusable fire lighters completely. DO NOT overfill the container. The meths will be soaked up by the reusable firelighters and any remaining meths will be used when the reusable firelighters are returned to the container after use.
- Reusable fire lighters must be left in the meths for a minimum of 1 minute before use. They can be stored in the meths for any length of time when not in use.
- To remove the reusable firelighters from the jar we suggest using metal tongues.
- Place the reusable fire lighter in your stocked fire. once positioned light the reusable firelighter using a match or lighter.
- The reusable fire lighter will burn for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Once the reusable fire lighter has gone out carefully remove it from the fire using metal tongues and leave it to cool on a heat proof surface for a minimum of 2 minutes before placing back into the container.